Friday, March 6, 2009

kodak moment

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me, so I'll have to try to paint the picture for you. As I was coming down the sidewalk toward home this morning around 9, just finishing my morning jog/walk, I was greeted by the sweetest sight. 2 year olds Frank and Rose were out front playing (boy do we love small town living). Rosie dressed all in hotpink, sweatpants and matching hoodie with the hood up, and Frank all in blue. They were moving slowly down the sidewalk side by side. Frank was pulling his little red wagon behind him as Rosie struggled on her big sister's pink Barbie scooter. It was adorable, and I could only imagine the conversation the two might have been sharing (had they been able to speak in more than two word sentences.) They continued on together up the driveway and to the back yard where the big kids were playing, and then went their seperate ways. I can't imagine life without those two.
Thank you God for this beautiful spring-like weather, and the gift of children to enjoy it.