Sunday, August 3, 2008

today I'm grateful...

...for garden goodies, and neighbors who share their bounty. This week, a wagon full of zucchini "free for the taking" showed up in the neighbors front yard. I jumped on the opportunity and seized 2 large ones. I'm finally getting around to shredding it tonight with the help of the oldest 3. Emma seems the most interested in helping, and the least likely to scrape her knuckles on the grater...making quick work in the kitchen. I'm trying a new recipe now for chocolate zucchini cake. I made 2 right off, one to keep and one to share (in the spirit of paying it forward). Mmmm, there's nothing better than chocolate except the smell of warm chocolate permeating from the oven. Can't wait to give it a try. Will pass on the recipe if it's a hit...which it's likely to be. Goodnight for now...it's back to the kitchen to clean and freeze some fresh blueberries thanks to b-i-l Charlie's b-i-l Charlie. (How's that for confusing?!)

God Bless!