Thursday, August 21, 2008

I just swept, I promise.

It occurred to me today as I was sweeping the kitchen floor, that it might be quite possible to feed a third world nation from the cast-offs on my kitchen floor. And that's just lunch! I'm certain there was a time in my married life when pulling out the broom on Saturdays (cleaning day) was more than sufficient. And if I didn't get around to it that often you might not even notice. But now, if I skip brooming after a meal, there's a potential for bodily injury! I mean seriously, if you've ever cut your toe on a dried crusted cheerio, you know where I'm coming from. It shouldn't come as any surprise then, that this is Lucy's favorite hangout. The snacking selection is endless...brownie bit, cracker crumb, mushy (or dried) cereal, oh, and on a "good day" you might just score a half of a breakfast bar (or more!) I'm telling you. I really did sweep today, but someone snacked, and we start all over again! Scouts honor!