Monday, August 25, 2008

Of suds and stuff...

Did I mention I dabble in laundry from time to time? Stain removal, it's my thing. Our summer sock-hiatus is over now, so it's that time of year again to start sorting socks. Yuck. (I mean, oh joy!) Anyhow, I've come up with a lifesaver. If your kids are still young enough and trainable...it might help. I bought a small mesh laundry bag for each of the kids (the kind that you can wash delicates in...zips shut). The bags are clipped to hangers with the kids name on them and hang in our bathroom closet near the laundry chute. At day's end, they place thier socks into their own bags. When the bags are full, I zip them all shut, and toss them into the washer with the other whites. When dry, each of the kids is responsible for emptying, sorting, and putting away the socks from their bag. Voila! I'm outta the sock sorting loop. Halleluia!!
...leaving me more time to lay on the couch, reading my favorite magazine, and eating bon-bons.