Wednesday, December 2, 2009

O Come Let Us Adore Him

(1st in a series of Nativity photos)
As I continue to unpack a few last decorations for the Advent and Christmas seasons, I'm finding that I've accumulated a handful of Nativity sets over the years. Several of them stay out year round, and some make their way out of the boxes only for a month or two. It's a shame really, to keep them hidden away, so I thought it would be fun to share some pics of a few of them over the next couple weeks.

Here's the first stop on our photo-tour. It's new for this Christmas, a Mother's Day gift that John and the boys picked out while the girls and I were spending a day out together. I was flabbergasted to receive it...certainly nothing I could have ever asked for. But I LOVE it! I've kept the large Holy Family figurines out on the armoire in our bedroom year-round, but was excited to bring out the large Sanctuary and animals. I moved it to the top of our old pie-safe in the kitchen and adorned it with a few evergreen trees and white lights. It's difficult to tell from the picture, but the Sanctuary is over 2 feet tall, and statues are close to 16 inches. It glows beautifully through the evening, and provides a perfect focal point when we gather in for meals.

This photo below (taken with a flash) shows a bit more of the color and detail.