Saturday, December 5, 2009

2nd Week of Advent


(A continuation of prayers/reflections for Advent...not my own, but borrowed from our parish library. We're reading ours with breakfast prayers, and it's been nice. More to follow for next week.)

Sunday
Prayer: Come, Lord Jesus, and save all the nations.
Monday
Mary and Joseph traveled with many different people on their way to Bethlehem. They were kind to all.
I will be kind to all I meet today- and in a special way to someone I do not like.
Tuesday
Mary and Joseph were very tired at the end of the day because travel was uncomfortable and hard.
I will help my parents with some chores to give them time to relax after a hard day's work.
Wednesday
When Mary and Joseph reached Bethlehem, they were pushed and pressed by the crowd. They stayed calm.
I will keep calm and not lose my temper when I am pushed or treated rudely.
Thursday
Joseph tried for Mary's sake, to find a clean, comfortable place to stay.
I will honor Mary in a special way today by being cheerful. I will pray the Joyful Mysteries of the rosary.
Friday
Joseph went from door to door, but in every place he heard "No room!"
I will make room in my heart for others and will try to show special love for someone who seems lonely or unhappy.
Saturday
Mary felt sorry for those who had no room. She knew they would like to have helped.
I will ask Mary to help me make room for Jesus in my heart by doing what he wants me to.