Tuesday, December 1, 2009

First Week of Advent

(btw~My advent wreath isn't near this pretty. I aspire to have REAL candles someday. For now, it's felt fuzzy candles with fake flames for the tiny fingers who like to grab.)

With the help of our parish "librarian" I found this great little advent calendar of prayers/reflections to share daily with the kids.

Sunday
Prayer: To you, my God, I lift my soul. I trust in you.

Monday
Mary and Joseph lived happily at Nazareth, doing their daily work with joy.
I will do my daily work well today, and with joy- for God.

Tuesday
Joseph received the order from the Roman ruler to go to Bethlehem and register. He obeyed the order and got ready to go.
I will obey my parents, teachers, and others in charge of me.

Wednesday
Mary got their house ready and began to pack what they would need for the trip. She did so without complaint.
I will not complain today, even if I must do things I do not like.

Thursday
Mary and Joseph traveled by donkey.
I will be happy with the things I have and will not ask my family for more or better things.

Friday
Mary and Joseph ate the food of the poor on their journey.
I will eat healthful foods today rather than those that are not good for me. I will thank God for the food I have and pray for the hungry.

Saturday
After traveling all day, Mary made Joseph a meal, and he found her a resting place.
I will do something special to bring joy to my parents and family today.

I'll update next weeks prayers before Sunday. Check back...

4 comments:

Jessica Honigford said...

Hi Jamie,
Someone in the community told me about your blog a while back so I have been following off and on for a few months. Feel free to say no to this, I won't be offended. I'm the reporter for the Community Post, and for our Women section in December I would like to do a story on how you balance all that you have going on with your life, a story on the struggles and joys of motherhood and everything else life throws at you. If you are interested, you can contact me at the Post.
Thanks,
Jessica Honigford

Kathryn said...

Jamie, I love this prayer...do you mind if I print it off? It is such a beautiful meditation!
I would still love to see a fuzzy felt advent wreath!!
As far as dusting, I'm weird...I tend to dust my room and kids rooms before the rest of the house, so thats why my nightstand is clean but the tables in the living room...not so much!

Anonymous said...

Thank You, I am setting aside my long prayers that are way above my childrens comprehension for these. I am sure they will thank you also.

Anonymous said...

Thank You, I am setting aside my long prayers that are way above my childrens comprehension for these. I am sure they will thank you also.