Tuesday, December 1, 2009

First Week of Advent

(btw~My advent wreath isn't near this pretty. I aspire to have REAL candles someday. For now, it's felt fuzzy candles with fake flames for the tiny fingers who like to grab.)

With the help of our parish "librarian" I found this great little advent calendar of prayers/reflections to share daily with the kids.

Sunday
Prayer: To you, my God, I lift my soul. I trust in you.

Monday
Mary and Joseph lived happily at Nazareth, doing their daily work with joy.
I will do my daily work well today, and with joy- for God.

Tuesday
Joseph received the order from the Roman ruler to go to Bethlehem and register. He obeyed the order and got ready to go.
I will obey my parents, teachers, and others in charge of me.

Wednesday
Mary got their house ready and began to pack what they would need for the trip. She did so without complaint.
I will not complain today, even if I must do things I do not like.

Thursday
Mary and Joseph traveled by donkey.
I will be happy with the things I have and will not ask my family for more or better things.

Friday
Mary and Joseph ate the food of the poor on their journey.
I will eat healthful foods today rather than those that are not good for me. I will thank God for the food I have and pray for the hungry.

Saturday
After traveling all day, Mary made Joseph a meal, and he found her a resting place.
I will do something special to bring joy to my parents and family today.

I'll update next weeks prayers before Sunday. Check back...