Wednesday, December 9, 2009

making my list & checking it twice

Okay, so my shopping's all done. But that's not the end to my list-making, Oh no! Yesterday I started my baking/candy-making list. There are a handful of traditional items I love to make this time of year including Chex mix, sugar cookies laden with buttery decorator icing, Peanut Butter cookies with a Kiss on top, and mini brownies with the Reeces cup tucked in the top, just to name a few. (mmmm. My mouth is watering just typing.) And of course each year I add a few new recipes to the list...suggestions from friends, or tasty treats from seasons prior. Anyhow, I think I've finalized my list and would love to hear suggestions, recipes, or favorites from your list. (and I use the term "baking" lightly, cause much of my delight is just dipping anything in chocolate!)

  • Chocolate Chip Cookies with Red & Green M&M's -DONE
  • Caramel Corn -DONE
  • Buckeye Bars (same great taste as the Buckeye treats, but spread into a pan...much easier!) -DONE
  • Brownie Bites with a Reeses cup tucked in-DONE
  • Chex Mix -DONE
  • Ranch Snack mix -DONE
  • Peanut Brittle (this year will be my first attempt, any hints?)-DONE
  • Fudge-DONE
  • Spiced Pecans
  • Puppy Chow-DONE
  • Oreo Truffles
  • Chocolate Truffles
  • Crunch Toffee Bars
  • Pecan Shortbread Cookies (a new recipe that looks simple and yummy!)-DONE
  • Peanut Butter/Kisses cookies
  • Pretzels topped with Kiss and M&M smushed in-DONE
  • Spritz cookies (we made these with my mom as a kid...and now my kids love to decorate them)
  • Decorated Sugar cookies

Of course we don't eat all this ourselves. Much of it is shared with neighbors, teachers, coworkers, etc. A sample of each is set out on trays to greet visitors on Christmas morning, and through the 12 days of Christmas (or as long as it lasts.) Can't wait to hear what you're cooking up!