Wednesday, December 2, 2009

a bit misleading...

Thought I should explain, just in case you hear my boys mention something about this...

Charlie came rushing over to me excitedly today, reminiscing about our family Thanksgiving party last week. "Mom, remember the gun party we went to? and that one big guy shot me in the eye?"

It's true, but you're not getting the whole story. You see, John's family has grown in numbers so that we reserve a hall to celebrate the holidays. This Thanksgiving his sister rented an old school house that provided plenty of room in the basement for the family to gather and enjoy the meal. In addition the entire main floor was empty for the kids to bring along their nerf guns (and there were MANY), jumpropes, and other fun toys to keep them entertained and burning off some of that extra energy. It got a bit rough at times when the older boys would join in. Hence...the "gun party" and being "shot in the eye."
Really...it was a "G" rated party, I promise!