Saturday, December 12, 2009

3rd Week of Advent


continued prayers/reflections.

Sunday
Prayer: I will be happy, O Lord, for you are near.

Monday
Mary and Joseph were offered only a poor stable to stay in. They accepted gratefully.
I will excuse others when they are thoughtless, and I will try to be more thoughtful of others today.

Tuesday
The animals helped to warm the stable by being there.
I will share the warmth of my friendship with others, especially with someone I do not like.

Wednesday
Joseph cleaned the stable for Mary and for Jesus, who would soon be born.
I will keep my heart pure today by thinking and doing only pure things and by saying only kind things about others.

Thursday
Mary put fresh straw in the manger to make a bed for the Christ Child.
I will brighten the day for others by smiling and showing how happy I am that Jesus is coming.

Friday
Joseph made a bed of clean straw for Mary to sleep on during the night.
I will secretly do a kind act for someone who is not very friendly toward me.

Saturday
Mary unpacked the swaddling clothes that would keep the baby Jesus warm.
I will warm my heart with love for Jesus by doing a kind act for each one in my family.