Tuesday, April 21, 2009

they're back...

I'm pretty certain I've written about my distaste for them before...yep, right there. I thought I had them all out of the house. That is, until the 6 oldest kids saw the dentist recently, and every one of them came home with a new toothbrush, paste, floss, and what else? A Bouncy ball!!!! Come on, already! Can you believe it. From the dentist of all places. What's next? Chicken bone treats for doggies at the vet? Geesh. Anyhow, this evening, being trapped indoors with the weather, the bouncy balls made their way out with a vengeance. All six of them, bouncing in the hallways, baby-bouncing in the tiniest most annoying way on the coffee table, in Lucy's mouth (repeatedly.) It was like a really bad dream. I'm running out of space on my windowsill for small confiscated toys, and most of the kids can get them back from there now anyhow. To the top of the fridge they go... the bouncy balls that is.
Praying for warm weather tomorrow that we might be outside. (Bouncy balls long since forgotten.) Pray with me, please.

6 comments:

4prettybabies said...

Oh...I am so with you on this! I despise those bouncy balls! Seems like you just think you've managed to get rid of them and another one appears out of nowhere. My 5-year old son delights in making me crazy with those things and I'm always afraid he's going to break something! I am praying for you...!

wife, mother and so much more! said...

Alright, Jamie--I have to admit, I love those little bouncy balls. We actually have a house record going on between our 9 year old and Kurt--to see who can bounce the ball the longest.

Many of them end up getting lost under the fridge...hey, it's excitement all over again when I do move that fridge to clean finding 4 balls. YAHOO, more balls to throw around!!

One Summer, I bought 100 bouncy balls from Oriental Trading, while camping the kids each took a handful and just started to bounce them--yup, they were all lost before we got home...those were the good ole' days, when something as simple as a bouncy ball thrilled the kids! ;)

jamie said...

Amy-okay, as much as I hate them...I'll admit, I find myself confiscating them, and then bouncing them...it's a little bit addictive. But then someone "pings" the ceiling light fixture, I snap out of it, and to the top of the fridge they go (the balls again, not the kids;)

wife, mother and so much more! said...

C'mon, Jamie, if the light breaks then that's a great reason to get a new one! :)
One game that I notice that my kids enjoy doing is to take the ball into the bathroom with them--boom boom...boom boom...boom boom...OK, that's enough bouncing the ball, finish up and get out of there!! --Yes, then I wash the ball knowing that my little one will eventually find it and put it into her mouth--YUCK!

worn out Mom said...

I find the best place to play with the bouncy balls is in the bathtub. They can "ping" so many times, off so many walls, and the chance that something is going to get broke is slim.

Anonymous said...

Jamie - I love to hear that the quick ping ping ping on the coffee table can drive you crazy as well!! I can take about two minutes of that and then I want to crack as well! We have a golf ball problem in our house. There are only supposed to be plastic ones inside but never fear at least once a week a hear a hard one being thrown across the wood floor. How do they always reappear???
Tania