Friday, April 10, 2009

called to pray


More than anything tonight, I felt like dropping in to bed early. We spent most of the day outdoors, going for walks, playing in the yard, even picnicing at the lake for supper...anything to fully enjoy the beautiful weather. Somewhere in there I also managed to get 2 more thin coats of drywall mud up and sanded in the bathroom, boiled 4 dozen eggs, and the usual meals, cleaning, etc. I wanted to try to get a start on painting the bathroom tonight as well, but really more than anything, the bed sounded good. After all the kids were off to sleep, and I was headed that direction as well, I kept feeling a pull towards time with the Lord. I tried to push it away, knowing we'd spend some time in church tomorrow during 3 hours, and mass on Saturday and Sunday. Surely I could skip tonight. But His words from Luke just kept echoing in my mind "46"Why are you sleeping?" he asked them. "Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation." Surely I can find an hour for only Him.

So, around 10:30, I shed the comfy sweatpants for something more appropriate and headed to church for an hour of adoration. I'm always so glad when I do. That time in quiet prayer is such a gift, and I am ever grateful for His gentle nudge.