Thursday, April 23, 2009

spring cleaning

I ran out of time to post last evening. In preparing for the neighbor's garage sale, I found myself drawn into cleaning and sorting all kinds of unruly spaces. From the toy box, to the laundry room (which is more like a basement storage/catch-all room which happens to hold the washer and dryer) to the pantry closet and beyond. When the urge to do that kind of cleaning/purging hits, you just have to roll with it. I also managed to dust and vaccum like I hadn't in a long time. The house looked so fresh this morning. It was worth the late nighter. If only it could stay that way for awhile.
Today the weather is gorgeous again. I love seeing more days like these. The town is abuzz with bargain hunters as the community is hosting it's annual garage sales. I had more to get rid of than I thought, and was grateful our neighbors offered to take in our things on their sale. Our one-car garage (home to a dozen bikes and other play things) leaves no room for a sale here. (Thank goodness!!!) But, it was fun to walk around town today and see all the people out and about. I even scored a couple bargains...shorts for the younger boys, and a pretty pink dish I spotted just for myself. I'll post more on that later...
Blessings to you all!

4 comments:

wife, mother and so much more! said...

Now, I want to know how many people stopped at your house thinking that you were having a garage sale with all of those bikes in your yard?

BTW: I loved sitting with MJG, watching your boys play with lightsabers (brooms) trying to...um...knock each others lights out. I bet that it's never ending at your house--I knew that I should have bought that house right next to yours!!! ;)

wife, mother and so much more! said...

I also need to add, while watching your boys, your dear husband picked up little Lucy and right away smelt her bottom without even thinking, like it was a habit or something--now that's a trained dad! :)

jamie said...

never a dull moment!!! (and only one stopped by to check out our "sale." I should have let her look and make me some offers! As for John and his nose, I laugh everytime, cause in most cases, you can smell it a mile away, but he's still gotta get his nose right in there. Too funny.

wife, mother and so much more! said...

MJ said that many nights she just likes to sit on her front porch and watch whatever goes on at your house--hey, I think you need to have a donation box out front for gawkers like her!