Wednesday, October 21, 2009

To honor our Blessed Mother

There are four girls in this house (five counting their mom) who are quite excited about the new girls club "The Little Flowers" coming to our parish. Today is the first meeting of the new group which honors St. Therese as it's patron, and teaches the girls about the Blessed Mother and other saints, virtues and prayers and helps them to grow in their faith and love of Christ. I offered to bring treats for this first meeting, and was excited when a friend referred me to Catholic Cuisine for this awesome cupcake rosary idea. It kept me busy during naptime yesterday, but I believe it turned out beautifully. A perfect treat during this month of the Holy Rosary.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Jamie ~ that's beautiful!

So, tell me a little more about this club -- who runs it? The church? Sounds awesome. I love that rosary! I'm heading to the site to see what else I can find!

Lisa said...

Thanks Jamie!!! You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Beth said...

You are going to love having a Little Flowers club at your parish...we've been doing it at St. Remy's for about 5 years and the kids look forward to it each month! I love the cupcake idea and might have to pass it on to whomever is leading the group now. I used to help but my girls are in the older group now and I opted to take a little break until my 3-yr old is able to start! Have fun with it...great way to introduce the Saints and our faith to the little ones!