Tuesday, October 6, 2009

precious!

Okay, so I grabbed for my camera...and first there was no digital picture card (left it in the computer). I ran back and grabbed that...then, no battery life! Dang! Sometimes it's just not even worth trying. So I tossed the camera aside, and enjoyed the moment for what it was...PRECIOUS!

Little Lucy has been in the habit of spreading her wings a bit, and climbing into Sam's top bunk to hang out. Once there, she's stuck...so after a couple minutes she hollars for someone to come get her down. Today though was different. I saw her climb up, and as I went about my business getting clothes out for little ones I realized she was up there longer than usual...and quiet. I glanced up to hear her mumbling/singing in no legible words...just usual baby babble. She was laying snuggled in Sam's blankets with a large wooden rosary clutched in her hands. So darn sweet! She was oblivious to my watching her, so I called for John to come in. He stood by the bed and would say the words to the Hail Mary prayer, and she would imitate them. (Of course this is when I run for camera...and begin to curse a bit...then realize the moment is worth more than the picture, so just enjoy.)
I am so grateful to have witnessed a tender moment like this between a child and her Blessed Mother. Certainly Our Lady was enjoying the company as well. Just precious!

Mark 10: 13-16 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.