Wednesday, October 14, 2009

simple smiles

One look out the window, and my day's plans stretched to include baking. So, when I stopped at the grocery for a couple of essentials I was really excited to find and try a new cookie mix from the dollar aisle. Does your local supermarket have a dollar section (yep, everything for a buck)? I like to sample things every now and then, and have been pleasantly surprised by several of my finds. Today was no exception. I found boxed sugar cookie mix, 2 for $1. Each box made roughly 2+ dozen cookies (I make mine a little small.) They were/are delicious!! Just add egg and butter, and voila. Oh, and of course you can't have sugar cookies without buttery decorator icing. And while we're at it, a little food coloring to make it more festive. Of course the cookies would have been just wonderful (and simple) with just the recommended dusting of sugar, or even colored sugar sprinkles, but we like a good icing here.
$1, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 sticks butter, 1 hour of my time (with little ones helping of course)...presto! Instant delicious treats.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Gotta love that $1 aisle at Wagner's. The other day when I was there, I found boxes (12 count) of the shake-n-go drink mixes (the ones where you add the powder to a bottle of water). My kids love those when they pack their buckets at school on days they don't like what the cafeteria is having. The other thing I found was the $1 bag of Teddy Graham (generic) cookies. Kids love those as well, and it was a good size bag too! Gotta love a good deal!!!

jamie said...

We're fans of the generic Teddy Bear cookies, and also I love the Pita Chips...several flavors, I like the Multigrain. They're great on their own, but I think they'd be awesome with any sort creamy dip. I also buy some of their spices...imitation vanilla, Cinnamon Sugar mix (for toast in the morning), food coloring, etc. You're right, gotta love those deals!

周星星Star said...

That's actually really cool!!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色