Friday, January 9, 2009

with sincere gratitude...

We are so thankful for all the kind words, prayers, cards, meals and treats dropped by the house. Your kindness means so much. It's been a very difficult week as we mourn the loss of our new little one, and then waited for the time when we'd be able to hold our tiny angel.
And while that opportunity to hold him did not come, I did have the D&C today, and feel we can now begin to have some opportunity for closure, and healing.

We've decided to name the baby, and although I can never be certain, I've felt that it was a boy, and the name came easily. Every January 9th, our family will choose to honor the feast of our newest Saint in heaven, Cyril "Cy" Thomas Schmiesing.

My mom had given me a Prayer Book for Mothers for my birthday last month, and found comfort today in the words of this simple prayer to our new child in heaven:

Now that you, my precious baby,
are cradled in Our Father's arms,
please watch over us, your parents,
as we would have wanted to watch over you. Amen.