Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another snow day!

I had to work yesterday (my first day back on the time clock in 6 weeks), and figures, I'd have to drive through a foot of snow to get there. I do love it though, so it was wonderful being there, seeing co-workers and residents I'd not seen in awhile.

Today though, I get to enjoy the day off with the kids. The oldest 3 spent most of the day building snowforts and tunnels with the neighbor kids, while the others stayed in. We found some old playdough toys that have been packed away for a long time, as well as some new Christmas treasures. It was a playdough village...barbershop, ice cream factory, as well as several other cool "noodle makers." Yes, everyone had playdough stuck to them, and yes it took quite some time to scrape the table, chairs and floor of mushed playdough, but it was soooo worth it! After the kitchen was cleaned up, we proceeded to make a "tent" of the kitchen table with some yards of old fabric I had stashed away.

Right now, kids are playing quietly with blocks and little people. We're trying our darndest to keep that old TV off. It's more challenging all the time, especially for the older ones who don't play much with toys anymore. I'll have to take a look in my stash of craft supplies to see what we can get everyone interested in. Better get...no rest for the wicked.

Happy snow day everyone!