Friday, January 23, 2009

March for Life (madness!)

I'm a bit miffed (okay, downright mad) at how March for Life went completely unnoticed by main-stream media. Surprised? No, but upset none the less. I did spend much of Thursday afternoon tuned in to EWTN as they provided Live coverage throughout the day. I was even fortunate to catch interviews with local youth who attended from nearby parishes. (Mercer County RTL) It's rare that I catch any television throughout the day. I felt it was important to make an exception for this. I'm inspired and optimistic by the huge crowd this year. Although, when I searched online for news reports, including tallies of those in attendance, I could find almost nothing. Jeesh!?

Anyways, as the kids napped that afternoon, I offered I quiet Rosary for Life. I prayed for the conversion of hearts, for a respect for the sanctity of life. I prayed that government leaders and lawmakers come to recognize that all life is sacred and in need of protection from this infanticide called abortion.

I'm angered when I think about the insanity of it all. This argument over the sanctity of human life should not be happening! When we miscarried our 13 week old baby earlier this month, we were notified that a "death certificate" would be available through the county courthouse if we were interested. So our government then recognizes that there is life. That apparently isn't the argument anymore? Rather, the argument is about murder, and when it is apparently okay. Would one pro-abortionist argue that if abortion is the answer to an inconvenient pregnancy, then murdering one's spouse would be justified in an unhappy marriage? Oh, I just get steamed when I start to think about it.

I'll end with a quote from our new President Obama, words given in his Inaugural address. If only he would recognize and include the unborn in this promise of his:

"The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness."