Thursday, May 21, 2009

S*U*M*M*E*R

Woooooohooooooooooo.


It's time to celebrate here at our house. Today was the last day of school. No more alarm clocks, no more homework. No more spelling lists, math facts, mad minutes, or diaromas to build.

Instead, after school today it was water balloons, bean bags, dodgeball, ice cream treats, and weather warm enough to have everyone splashing in the sprinkler. The neighbor kids and a few other friends helped us to ring in the season. Summer break is here.

I repeat...Woooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!


7 comments:

j,j,andhsmom said...

Congrats on surviving the school year. I'm very jealous...we still have three weeks to go!

Allison said...

I'm woooooohoooooing right with you!!!

Shel said...

No WooHoo over here in NB. They go back for 3 more days next week. Although I'm fairly certain that I've done the last homework this week. All this excitement over summer break does make me think what our school calendar will look like down the road with our wonderful governor's new plan of 20 more days and no calamity days?

4prettybabies said...

I want to live in your neighborhood! Looks like a great time to be a kid on your street! FUN FUN FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I was a kid again!

MJ said...

When did you guys start? We started the end of August and our last day is June 5. I'm a teacher and I'm more than ready for the end of the year.

jamie said...

We start the 3rd week of August (around the 22nd or so) and finish by the end of May. (used up all of our calamity days for weather, but no more than that, so no make-up days this year.
Although Shel, I'm worried about the new proposals too. Some good, but a lot of scary things in there too. I kinda like our schedule the way it is.