Friday, February 6, 2009

W.W.S.P.D

warning...men this post is probably not of any interest to you. It's "chick" stuff.

I'm in a bit of a quandry about wedding attire for the weekend. I found the cutest pair of "peep-toe" shoes (and I won't even tell you what a bargain they were!) to go with the outfit I'm wearing. My dilemna is weather or not to wear pantyhose. I can't imagine a pantyhose seam sticking out of these too-cute shoes, and yet...I'm old-school. Is it "legal" for a grown woman to dress-up without them? Yikes. I found myself wondering tonight..."What would Sarah Palin do?" She looked hot in everything, right?! I've been lotioning up, big time, just in case I work up the courage to go sans stockings. Even trying a bit of sunless tanner. Perhaps I'll turn orange, and the decision will be easy. We'll see what the day brings. Feel free to advise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you can wear heels without hose. I do see it around here in Columbus, and it seems as if it's the very fashionable girls who do it.

Anonymous said...

I go hoseless and I am older than you! You go girl!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I could be wrong here or just dreaming something up, but I thought I saw somewhere where you can get 'toeless' pantyhose. (They sound even less appealing than wearing regular pantyhose, I know), but they have a little loop that goes around your big toe to hold the hose in place, but leaves your toe open and still covers your legs, it's an All-in-one! However...I bet they will cost you as much as your shoes! I think you'll be good going without, you're already ahead of the game if you are lotioning-up and tanning, and you still get to shave and paint the toes! Oh to be a woman!?#@!

~R
(a regular)

Anonymous said...

I see lots of "no hose goes." It's definately acceptable. And I'm curious how many pant suits you'll see on women at the wedding. I see that trend imerging a lot in Mercer County.
Best of Luck! Have fun square dancing!!

4prettybabies said...

FYI...I've tried the "toeless" pantyhose referred to above and I don't recommend them. I wore them for my brother's wedding and by the end of the night they'd rubbed between my toes raw and made it almost too uncomfortable to enjoy the night! Even though it seems strange to not have anything on your legs, especially in the winter, I generally don't do the pantyhose thing anymore, just sunless tanner like you're doing. Besides, the toeless pantyhose did cost about $10-$15 and were unconfortable to boot! Not worth the money or the pain!

Barb said...

I tried the toeless pantyhose for a wedding also and I don't recommend them either. They hurt! and they're not cheap...
My daughter has used the sunless tanner and it looked great. Just don't wash it off with a good white washcloth...hehe...she ruined one of mine. Use an old towel or a rag..
Hope you have a great time!!