Saturday, February 14, 2009

St. Valentine's Day


How Sweet!
While making Valentine's treats for the girls school parties yesterday, I found myself reminiscing about the day John and I met. Valentine's Day, '93. We had our first date a week later, and were engaged within 5 months.
Thank you God, for my love, sweet love.
Too Cute!
I was talking with the older kids last night about fun things to do today, not just to celebrate Valentines, but to make the day home with Dad special. I mentioned the weather may not cooperate with outdoor things, so maybe a picnic lunch on a blanket in the living room, some fun games, or making Valentines to share with the neighbors...something. Sam was quick to chime in, "oh yah, or we could just lay around in our underwear all day watching tv." (Umm. not what I was thinking Sam. I hope this is not a sign of future valentines to come...your wife could be a little bit upset.)
...and little John, Charlie and Frank snuggled into our bed this morning and woke us. My husband leaned over to give me a morning kiss, and I wished him "Happy Valentines." I joked with the little boys..."Everyone grab their girlfriend and give them a valentine's kiss." Charlie was quick (in an uninterested tone.) "Frank gets to be my girlfriend."
Laughing ensued.
Happy Valentines Day everyone! Have a blessed one.