Friday, February 19, 2010

teaching my little man to "fish"

How's that saying go..."If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; but teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime." (or something)

Yesterday Charlie was learning the art of fishin' in the kitchen. He LOVED kneading the dough and was actually quite good at it. The little ones were napping away the afternoon while the older kids were at school. This fall he's off to preschool, and I think I'll miss our adventures...by then Frank and Rose will be done napping though with plenty more fun times to come.


These chubby dough-filled fingers make me smile...

Mmmm. I LOVE the smell of fresh white bread baking. We all snatched up a warm crusty buttered chunk long before it had a chance to cool. Thanks to Kathryn for the wonderful "no-fail" recipe. It is delicious!!