Tuesday, February 16, 2010

'smore please

Kids were home again today.
I know I was all anxious about that yesterday, but in hindsight it was really a nice day. The kids are so desperate to get back into their school routine, the girls actually started a "book club" today. Alice and Emma have Grace and Mary reading chapter books, and taking tests over them, little group discussions, even word and math flashcards printed from the computer. It's sweet...a little "think tank" going on here, and did I mention I love to see the older ones sitting down in a quiet corner reading to the little ones. Melts my heart. (If only it could melt the snow.)

Anyways, today I had visions (like a mirage in the desert) of warm summer nights, campfires in the backyard, and yes...'smores. So I came up with a fun recipe I'll call "Indoor 'Smores." They were incredibly simple, and a HUGE hit. They left everyone asking for 'smore! Sure...why not? It is Fat Tuesday, right?!



Indoor Smores
1 bag large marshmallows
1 bag choco chips (melted)
1 sleeve graham crackers (crushed)
wooden skewers (for the 'toasting stick')

place marshmallow on stick, dip into melted chocolate, let excess chocolate drip off, then roll in graham cracker crumbs. Let sit on foil line cookie sheet to allow chocolate to harden. (I put them in the fridge for about 1/2 hr.)

Enjoy!!