Sunday, October 5, 2008

E-I-E-I-E-I-O! (oy)

My apologies for not keeping in touch this weekend. As previously noted, it was our Oktoberfest celebration here in town....so we were busy, busy, busy. I'll try to briefly recap.

Emma cheered at Friday's game,
She was thrilled they'd picked her name.
Spent lots of time up at the fest,
Draft beer and 'kraut is always best.
Cleaning day just didn't happen,
neither did the weekend nappin'
Too much polka, too many sweets,
and chicken dancing in the streets.
Pretzels, cream puffs, kettle corn,
now Charlie wants a "tuba-horn."
Boys dressed in their lederhosen,
Girls watched as the queen was chosen,
Mom plus 6 would run a mile,
Dad plus 4 would watch and smile.
Parade time was indeed much fun.
Poop scoopers sad they hadn't won.
More polkas, and brats and metts with kraut
Good times for all, there was no doubt!

Auf Wiedersehen!