Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Shame on me!

As I finished folding the last of the day’s laundry, turned out the lights and was tip-toeing my way through the basement playroom around midnight last night, these words actually crossed my lips…

“Dear Lord, please don’t let me cut my foot open on a sharp Lego. I’m too tired to scrub the blood out of the carpet right now!”

…And as my head hit the pillow to call it a day, I’m sure I fell immediately to sleep. Shame on me, for those last words out of my mouth!

I do try to finish each day with prayer…sometimes simple, other times more lengthy “conversation” as needed. My mom told me once that if we fall asleep in the middle of our prayers, our guardian angel will finish them for us. I’m sure she was just trying to make me feel less guilty, but I’d like to think it could be true.

So today, as I snuck out of bed to a still quiet house, I offered up my day (good and bad) that my work could be a form of prayer. Doing God’s will, and bringing little souls closer to heaven. Amen.