Wednesday, July 30, 2008

better than butterfly kisses...

I was scheduled to work today...the kind where I actually punch a time clock...so my morning was a little more hectic than usual. I woke before the rest of the group, put on coffee, showered, dressed, and then woke little Lucy to nurse her before I had to rush out. I actually enjoy that time with her more than I could have ever imagined possible, and when the house is quiet, it's even more special. Anyhow, spending time alone with her, makes me push the clock that much later, so I passed her off to her dad, grabbed some coffee and a breakfast bar and out the door I went. It's usually as I exit the van and walk towards the door to work that I take time to check my shirt for baby spit-up, spilled coffee, or granola crumbles, to at least give my co-workers the appearance that I have it all together. As I was doing the usual scan, I noticed a red blotch on my forearm, and upon closer examination, found it to be a perfect imprint of Lucy's little ear. A beautiful reminder of the quiet prayerful time we had just spent together, that lasted well into my first hour at work. I am ever-grateful for little blessings such as these.
Peace to you all!