Wednesday, July 23, 2008

10 little monkeys jumping on the bed...

Okay, lots of people have asked. Yes, there was plenty of room for all of us to sleep in this RV. You forget that our children are all still very small and several little bodies sleep better in tight spaces than 1 large one any day. We had two fold-down dinettes, a fold-out couch, a queen sleeper, and 2 bunk beds. (Alright, the first night, mom slept on the floor, but by night 2 we had it all figured out.) Truth is, my kids are great sleepers anywhere, and once we get through that 1/2 hour of "settling down" it's all down hill. And don't feel sorry for me sleeping on the floor. It's actually one of my best memories of the trip. Before I settled on the floor, I laid with the 2 youngest boys and whispered the prayers of the rosary in their ears as they drifted off to sleep. I think they were out by the 3rd decade. I was humbled to be on this pilgrimmage with such beautiful little people, and grateful to offer up my spot.