Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving, a prayer of thanks to our Lord…

Dear Lord, I thank you for the gift of my husband and our marriage covenant, and for the 10 beautiful children I hold in my arms, and the one I can hold only in my heart. I am thankful for family and friends and a warm home. For the means to provide even when ends sometimes don’t quite meet. I am grateful for the tears, and the tantrums, the homework and the laundry, the cleaning and the dishes, the sharp torturous pain of stepping on a Lego or Barbie shoe in the middle of the night. For accidents, and on-purposes. For dancing at dinner time, for kissing ouchies, and mending holes, and swatting away spiders, and tucking in tight. For bad dreams, warm beds, a dusty home, and stacks of papers that I’ll go through tomorrow. For all these things, I’m grateful.
But most of all Lord, I thank you for the gift of your son Jesus, who’s suffering and sacrifice is our salvation.