Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Charlie!!


My little man is 4 today. Our "CHarley Davidson" as Grace first announced him to the world, born July 27th, 2005. It's Charles David, but with grandparents and an uncle who are Harley owners/riders, you can see where the confusion came in.
He's number 7 in our line-up. I remember having a bit of fear and anxiety before he was born that this was to be the one that would "put me over the edge" so to speak. I imagined constant chaos and perhaps even mayhem with seven children. What we found instead was a child that brought peace into our home, even more love in our hearts. He was a perfect fit...pure joy.
He is four now...and a boy...so at times the chaos ensues, but he has me wrapped around that chubby, dirt-stained little finger. My world is better because he's in it. I love you Charlie!

4 comments:

Kurt H said...

Seems like I've seen that blue icing somewhere before. Now if I could just remember where . . .

Barb said...

Happy Birthday Charlie!!!!
Today is also my Michael's birthday but he is 17 and away from home on a fishing trip with my brother and nephews. I'm missing him today.
I love your story about Charley Davidson....too, too cute!!!! and your Charlie is adorable...

jamie said...

thanks Barb! and happy birthday to your Michael!

Beth said...

So CUTE! Don't you just love little boys? My oldest two were girls and I love them dearly...
when I found out I was having a boy, I was scared to death! But he has been a pure joy, full of love and hugs and kisses. He's been easier than my girls (so far) and just melts my heart with his juicy kisses and squeezy hugs. He is a constant source of laughter and smiles and I can't imagine NOT having him. I know exactly how you feel...I adore my boy, too!

Happy, Happy Birthday to Charlie!