Thursday, August 20, 2009

Praise God!

(even for the little things.)

It's a miracle!! Our icemaker in our refrigerator has begun to make ice cubes again, after a 2 year hiatus! The fridge is only 4 years old, but for some reason (right after warranty) it quit making the precious cubes. I love ice...could eat it for a snack, and can't have a cold beverage without it, so I was annoyed. My being annoyed wasn't enough to warrant a service-call fee, so I tried taking it apart on my own, and finally just settled for the good old-fashioned ice cube trays.
Suddenly, out of nowhere (while we were camping this weekend) the thing fired up again. We came home to ice cubes all over the freezer. Yahooooooo! Mama's got ice cubes again.
God is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I put ice cubes in every drink! Just wouldn't be right without them.

Amy said...

You crack me up!!! But I'm with you, I even put ice in my milk...I know weird. Thanks for the chuckle.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Maybe it needed a break from your family to rest up and start making the 'cubes again! I can't imagine how many times per day you make ice cubes or how large your fridge is to begin with?

Beth said...

The Good Lord knew you'd be needing some ice to cool you down after spending that hot & humid weekend at the Lake! Out of all my kitchen appliances, the things I love the most are my dishwasher, garbage disposal and ice maker...all things we didn't have in our old house. Boy, it's funny how you appreciate something when you go without it for awhile!

Enjoy your cold beverages!!! ;)

Barb said...

I love it! God is good, always...