Saturday, August 14, 2010

My weekend work awaits...


The garden is producing bountifully, and plans are in the works to do a second round of canning today. I made 2 batches of salsa on Monday, and hope to get two more canned today. Grapes are ready too, and the simple juice recipe I use means even the kids can help. It's just unfortunate that canning season can't come in February, when it's not so bad to stand over a hot stove for the day.

Tomorrow is Frank & Rose's 4th birthday, so it seems as though we'll be baking cakes today as well. (can you say 'steamy kitchen'). I have memories of finishing the salsa/canning the night before they were born, and it was really hot that year too. I was induced a few weeks early with them (unplanned) and was relieved to have that work out of the way before they came into the world. I'll have to share more about the miracle of that day later. Kitchen is calling.
"We give thee thanks all mighty Lord, for all the benefits we recieve from your bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen."