Friday, November 7, 2008

...from the trenches

Sorry for the silence. The same fever and cold symptoms the kids were passing around earlier this week has hit their mom with a vengeance. I felt grateful that there was no school yesterday or today so that I had the older kids home to help. Yesterday we had a fun day at Coldwater park, despite the cough and sniffles. We picniced with some friends and made the best of the last warm day for awhile. Today I was feeling even worse, so Alice and Emma walked John and Mary to preschool (which is just around the corner,) and all the kids played outside most of the day. Lucy seemed especially happy today (now that she can breathe through her nose again.) It was nice that she wasn't as clingy as she's been the last few days. Not that I minded it then, but with fever and cough, I just wasn't in a snuggly mood. Anyhow, we still managed some fun crafts this afternoon, and I made comfort food for supper...homemade pancakes with lots of butter and syrup. I'm feeling slightly better already this evening...except for the cough, and my "rudolph" red nose. Praying tomorrow we're all feeling much better.
It's a busy day on Saturday with a bridal shower for my neice, and dinner out with my parents & my brother Joe and his wife to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday. (no kids!) I'll find a way to feel better for that, no doubt...it's been a loooong time since we've been out on a date. We're overdue!
Blessed weekend to all!