Wednesday, December 21, 2011

just remembering

Sent my kiddos off to mass before school this morning. I remembered after they left that mass is being offered today for a very special lady that graced our lives , if only too briefly. Can't believe it's been 5 years since she passed so quickly, and tragically. Irene was a beautiful woman who brought joy and laughter into our family, and reminded us how to give of ourselves with great love. Alice has been asking for Zucchini Bread lately, I think I'll make it today. It's not Irene's special recipe, but whenever we make it we all think of her, and how generous she was with sharing her garden goodies. Her zucchini bread was the bomb...and her pumpkin cookies.

I wanted to add a nice picture of her...I have several. I couldn't find a single picture of her looking at the camera though. The sparkle and smile in the eyes of those around her in all them made it clear how special she was!

Missing you Irene. Pray for us from your certain special seat in Heaven.

(note: the other namesake of our Little "Lucy Irene.")