Friday, December 9, 2011

Frankly speaking.

Smack dab in the middle of mass last evening (for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception,) an argument took place. While singing, even!

All 13 of us crammed into our usual pew...right up front where the only distraction is, well, Anne. That's another story entirely. Frank was on my lap, and as usual during songs, I use his finger as my pointer for the words.

We sang "...and Holy is your name."
And Frank would get all huffy each time..."NO IT ISN'T, MOM!"
And I'd smile.
And we'd sing it again "and Holy is your name" ..."NO MOM, IT'S NOT!" (whispers getting a little louder each time around.)
And I'd smile.
Finally, he couldn't stand it..."STOP IT MOM. MY NAME IS FRANK!"
Yes. It is. (still smiling, relieved the song was over so we could stop the loud whispering.)