Tuesday, October 18, 2011

without looking out my window...

I can assure you, it's really "pouring" here. It started to trickle about a month ago, when we signed a contract to sell our house. A nice sweet mist of a rain that filled us with excitement...oh, we all grabbed our umbrellas and golashes and danced! Singing in the rain, for sure!
And then the boxes were being dropped off, and deadlines were being set, and home inspections, and home repairs, and the fear that our kids are going to "break" someone else's home as we continue to live in it. Had to take our boots off, and park the umbrellas in the tub to dry...playtime was over. Now we watch from the window...as it continues to rain.
Oh, and the dryer broke...6 months after warranty. (crack of thunder/shot of lightening.) We're making due for a few weeks until the part comes in...still raining...the ducks are loving this!
And there are estimates to obtain...from insurance, to work at the new place...many phone calls and meetings...getting tired of dashing in and out of the rain.
Appraisals, and title searches, and "amounts your expected to pay," and many other businessy things that go with the blessings of a new home. The storms are keeping me up at night. And needless to say, I'm finding it hard to stay "present" for much...including this blog.
On top of everything going on...a good friend invited me to her bible study. She knows better than anyone that I've got NO TIME for it what.so.ever. And that's exactly why, I think, that she invited me anyway. Because, in the middle of this crazy storm, she's reminding me to focus and be present for the One who is going to carry me through it all. Thank you good friend for reminding me of that. This is such a temporary stage in our lives. A beautifully wonderful blessing...to be able to purchase and make this new home "our" home. God is so good. And in all the pitching/sorting/boxing/donating/cleaning/organizing/hanging clothes on the line again/scheduling/money shifting/praying/exhaustion...I can be certain that God is leading me. If I listen, and let him.

"The joy of the Lord is my strength" ~Nehemiah 8:10

May my days, my actions, my reactions be pleasing to the Lord that he gives me the strength to get through this crazy storm.