Monday, September 19, 2011

thoughts to begin the week.

First and foremost, it's Monday...and that means the weekend has left it's mark on our home. There are toys scattered, my kitchen countertop is buried, and laundry is stacked high once again. It was a very nice weekend, from Friday night football (which regardless of the outcome, puts us in a fun, spirit-filled, easy-weekend kind of mood) to our annual block party...which epitomizes good clean family fun!
But, as I said before it's Monday, and it's gray and raining, my work is spread out before me, it's a crazy busy week, oh...and how could I not be consumed by the fact that there is a move ahead of us...and I have a TON to do. (of course I'm not doing anything...just thinking about it for now...and stressing.) So I'll have a cup of coffee, switch the laundry around in the machines, and visit with you here. (can you say procrastinate?!)

This is the prayer that's getting me through right now. It's taped to my bedroom mirror, always. But sometimes I forget to check the mirror...as evidenced by the way I look disheveled most days. Oh well. St. Therese is sending me her roses in the form of this prayer...it's her feast day very soon...not a wonder then I should be thinking of her and this prayer. (God's smiling...cause I'm so sharp...not.)


May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you
are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite
possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones,
and allow your soul the freedom to sing,
dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Have a blessed week everyone!

Oh, and a side note...thank you for all the offers of boxes...I had no idea you all were such box-accumulating people! I've responded privately to a couple of you...to the rest, I say thank you VERY much, but I think we'll be covered now. You are all so kind.