Wednesday, April 7, 2010

catching up

"tick, tock...doo, doo, doo, doo-doooooo. Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin...into the future." ~Steve Miller

(Sorry I slipped away there again...)
It's one of those overcast, super-windy days here. The kids are busy with their dad pulling weeds (and finding worms) in the yard, while I get through piles of unfinished business here in the house today. Everything from dusting (and picking up scattered Easter grass everywhere), filing local taxes, renewing my nursing license online, sorting through papers and finally marking all the kids' baseball/softball/teeball schedules on the calendar. Whew. I've really let that kind of stuff slip lately with my low-energy, nauseated pregnant state. (Must admit though...each pregnancy has gotten MUCH easier in that department. Long gone are the pregnancies of hyperemesis, vomiting up ice chips, and requiring IV fluid treatments in the hospital. Praise GOD!)

I'm beginning to get a glimpse of my countertops again, which is always a nice feeling. The wind just whipped my towels and washrags dry (and a few into the neighbors yard.) I think the rest of my laundry will go into the dryer today, just to keep me from having to chase it through the neighborhood. Have to conserve energy where I can...even if it's just my energy.

Hope you all have a grace-filled week, living and loving the blessings to behold in another "ordinary" day.