Thursday, March 10, 2011

someone reassure me this is nothing to worry about...

Last evening over our dinner, the kids chatted about things they were giving up for Lent. There was a lot of mention about the usuals...no sweets, limited tv time, etc. Out of nowhere (and in all seriousness) 5 year old Charlie mentions casually that he'll "quit stealing beer from Mom and Dad" this year.

I nearly snorted my soup out my nose in laughter/disbelief, but a glance over at his Dad assured me I'd heard correctly. He was holding back tears of laughter as well.

Where does he come up with this stuff?!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

That is just too funny Jamie! You may just have to retell that one to him in about 10 years. I'll have to let you in on a funny little story from Lent last year. My 4-year-old had a terrible habit of picking her nose, so we told her that for Lent she was going to "give up" picking her nose and what do you know, it worked! I kinda feel bad that we made her do this during the Lenton season, but for a 4 year old, that was a sacrifice in itself!

Amy said...

Oh, that is funny...just be glad he is 5 and not 15 and admitting to that! I love kids!

Jackie said...

Gotta' love it!

Anonymous said...

Whew! I was starting to wonder the same thing about my son! My 5 year old said he's giving up cigarettes. I asked, 'you mean candy cigarettes'. He said 'yes'. I'm thinking he's naming things people 'usually' give up, or that's my thought process to make me feel better, at least.

Renee