Sunday, July 11, 2010

thought for the day

Why is picking away at wallpaper so much more fun (and inviting) when you're NOT supposed to be doing it??

For the last 5 years I've "lived" with the wallpaper in our front hallway. After experiencing the joys of wallpaper removal in our previous home...from every room, I decided one short (only slightly hideous) hallway of paper was livable. Now that we're looking at our home through the eyes of potential buyers though, the paper has GOT TO GO! Especially now that my kids have had 5 years to pick their way down the seams, and crayola a whole new pattern. Yup. I decided to go for it today...soaking it down with a mix of warm water/fabric softener in a mist bottle, scraping, and repeating. Not horrible work, just tedious. And where are my pickers now?? Grinning somewhere else. (And I can't say I blame them.) This is not much fun at all...ah but even just 1/3 of the way through it, it looks better already. I keep wondering why we didn't do some of these projects sooner. I'm afraid if I keep at these little projects, we may just decide to stay awhile longer. Hmmm.