Sunday, July 25, 2010

thanks mom.

I wasn't familiar with her nationally syndicated column while it ran. But someone gave me a book, a collection of her most loved articles, and "Forever Erma" made me an instant fan of her writing. Mom just e-mailed me one of her quotes and I had to share...


"Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle." ~Erma Bombeck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly have always been that way in each of your pregnancies, cherishing the entire 9 months. Even when you were sooooo sick and needing rehydrated, always a smile. I'll have to remember this for some of my younger friends, it is great.

jamie said...

Thanks...I have enjoyed each one immensely, despite those early "yucky" months. Although, I found myself just this weekend complaining about the weight gain to someone, and as soon as the words were out of my mouth I felt so selfish and shallow...I need the reminders too sometimes!!