Thursday, February 10, 2011

the real secret about that groundhog...revealed.

I'm beginning to understand why that groundhog decides to crawl back in his hole for 6 more weeks of winter. It has nothing to do with his shadow afterall.

Today, anxious to see the sun shining in, I peeled open all the blinds. All of them...even in the bedrooms which rarely see daylight. (We still have nappers in each of the kids' rooms, so I just leave blinds closed all day.)
Anyway, that beautiful sunlight pouring in with all it's might quickly revealed layers of dust...everywhere! Uggh. It was a tough decision to weigh out...Do I pull all the blinds and wait till spring, or do I buckle down and get to work?? I actually had to think about it for a minute, but the sun won out, and I dusted my way through the down stairs bedrooms knocking away dancing cobwebs from the corners, and layers of winter dust. It was good for the soul.

But, I'm seriously understanding why some days that groundhog decides that it's not worth the effort. She realizes too that sometimes, the dusting can wait. 6 more weeks of winter isn't an ETERNITY. And then some years the sun wins, and working through the dust is necessary to appreciate all it's beauty.

By the way? What did that ol' groundhog decide this year? I was too busy watching that catastrophic storm sweap across the country to notice.