Tuesday, June 22, 2010

so, that's where that got to!

I cleaned out the linen closet last evening.


Pause for a moment while I go look again.... yep, she's a thing of beauty.


When I open the door, I hear sweet music, and a choir with lights shining down...it's heavenly.
All items neatly folded, each shelf organized by bed-size...full size, twin size, queen size, toddler bed sheets...lovely. There are even labels on the shelves indicating what belongs where. I placed the labels there years ago, but they've not been seen in many moons. Somehow, 10 year olds helping with laundry, and middle of the night linen emergencies wreak havoc on a linen closet. But things are sorted once more, and all is right with the world again. Oh so nice. Martha Stewart would be pleased. It's a good thing, indeed.
Even more magical are the treasures I found on the floor...items that rolled in under the door from the hardwood hallway that lies beyond. It was like opening a time capsule. There was John's matchbox little red van (a mini version of what his dad drives) that he got for pooping on the potty for the first time (3+ years ago.) Emma had drumsticks once...then things got quiet...now we know why. They rolled into the silence of the linen closet. Polly Pocket had stored an entire wardrobe in one corner. Oh, and there were bouncy balls. But shhhhh. What the kids don't know, won't hurt them right? I know NOTHING of any bouncy balls...nope nothing. All gone. Bye bye bouncies...forever....to a place much more permanent than the confines of my sheets and blankies.


Yes...my sheets and blankies. Let me go peak again.

Just lovely. I love organization. It's a good thing.